By T. C. Skeat
A excessive share of the various articles released by means of the papyrologist T.C. Skeat (1907-2003), a former Keeper of Manuscripts on the British Museum, matters the recent testomony. This current assortment gathers jointly papers on Biblical and similar issues contributed by means of Skeat for over sixty years to numerous courses. The ebook divides those into 3 sections: historical e-book construction, reviews on specific Biblical manuscripts and textual feedback. In his creation J.K. Elliott assesses the significance of Skeat's paintings and he accommodates from own correspondence a few of Skeat's later considering on those subject matters. a whole Bibliography of Skeat's writings is integrated.
Read Online or Download The Collected Biblical Writings of T.C. Skeat (Supplements to Novum Testamentum) PDF
Similar interior decorating books
Всем известно, что цвет в интерьере имеет очень большое значенье.
Это книжка пригодится дизайнерам интерьеров или тем, кто сам себе дизайнер и в плотную занимается своим собственным жилищем.
This quantity, the 1st of a two-volume set, is the paintings of fourteen ecu and American students and makes a speciality of the broader points of the Hundred Years. those essays variety a long way afield from the conventional heartlands of Hundred Years warfare experiences to enquire the effect of the clash on Italy, the Low nations, and Spain and on such issues as city heritage, and the actualities of weapon use at the battlefield.
This quantity includes the papers of a workshop on Jewish epigraphy in antiquity equipped at Utrecht college in 1992. between the contributors have been collaborators of the Cambridge Jewish Inscriptions undertaking and of the Tubinger Atlas des Vorderen Orients undertaking. very important features of historic Jewish inscriptions are highlighted within the papers, just like the connection among documentary and literary texts.
The overseas association for the examine of the previous testomony, which had formerly held all its Congresses in Europe, went open air that continent for the 1st time in 1986 and visited the land the place lots of the occasions recorded within the previous testomony happened. The Congress used to be held from 24 to 29 August below the Presidency of Professor Benjamin Mazar on the Hebrew college of Jerusalem, and the last ceremonial dinner was once held within the Knesset.
- Consecration of Images and Stupas in Indo-Tibetan Tantric Buddhism (Brill's Indological Library, Vol 11)
- The Uralic Languages: Description, History and Foreign Influences (Handbuch Der Orientalistik. Achte Abteilung - Handbook of Uralic Studies; Vol 1)
- Building the Custom Home Office Projects for the Complete Home Work Space
- Poetics Of Islamic Historiography: Deconstructing Tabari's History (Islamic History and Civilization)
Additional info for The Collected Biblical Writings of T.C. Skeat (Supplements to Novum Testamentum)
Coleridge’, British Museum Quarterly 16 (1951–52), 91–93. Skeat, T. , F. G. Rendall and H. M. Nixon, ‘Manuscripts and Printed Books from the Holkham Hall Library, 1. The Library, 2. The Manuscripts’, British Museum Quarterly 17 (1952), 23–40. Skeat, T. , ‘Two Byzantine Documents’, British Museum Quarterly 18 (1953), 71–73. Skeat, T. , ‘The Last Days of Cleopatra: A Chronological Problem’, Journal of Roman Studies 43 (1953), 98–99. Glanville S. R. , and T. C. ’, Journal of Egyptian Archaeology 40 (1954), 45–58.
22. August, 1958, ed. L. Amundsen and V. Skånland (Association Internationale de Papyrologues; Universitet i Oslo, Klassisk Institutt), Oslo, 1961, pp. 194–199. Skeat, T. , ‘Letters of Charles and Mary Lamb and Coleridge (Add. Ms. 50824)’, British Museum Quarterly 26 (1962–63), 17–21, plates VIII–IX. bibliography of t. c. skeat’s publications xxxi Skeat, T. , ‘Kubla Khan’, British Museum Quarterly 26 (1962–63), 77–83, plates XXX–XXXI. Skeat, T. , ‘Notes on Ptolemaic Chronology’ III ‘The First Year which is also the Third: A Date in the Reign of Cleopatra VII (incl.
And T. C. Skeat, The Birth of the Codex, London, Oxford University Press for the British Academy, 1983. Pp. ix + 78. 6 plates. ISBN 0 197 26024 1, 0 197 26061 6. , 1987. Pp. ix + 78. ISBN 0 197 26061 6. Skeat, T. , ‘The Augustan Era in Egypt: A Note on P. Oxy. xii. 1453’, Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik 53 (1983), 241–244, plate VI. Skeat, T. , ‘Gospel of John 18: 36–19: 7’, in The Oxyrhynchus Papyri, vol. L (Egypt Exploration Society, Graeco-Roman Memoirs, 70), London, 1983, no. 3523 (pp.