By Lord Shri Krishna
Gita Press booklet Code: 455
Read or Download The Bhagavadgita - The Song Divine - with Sanskrit Text and English translation PDF
Similar sacred writings books
The beginning of legislations within the Hebrew Bible has lengthy been the topic of scholarly debate. till lately, the historico-critical methodologies of the academy have yielded unsatisfactory conclusions in regards to the resource of those legislation that are woven via biblical narratives. during this unique and provocative research, Calum Carmichael -- a number one pupil of biblical legislation and rhetoric -- means that Hebrew legislation was once encouraged by means of the examine of the narratives in Genesis via 2 Kings.
This profitable quantity of essays by way of special students not just makes a contribution to the research of previous testomony prophets but additionally summarizes scholarship in a fashion relatively acceptable to scholars, giving entry to fabric to be had another way purely in different languages or in journals tough to acquire.
Ratheiser's research presents the framework for a non-confessional, mitzvoth ethics-centered and historical-philological method of the Jewish bible and offers with the fundamental steps of another paradigmatic standpoint at the biblical textual content. the writer seeks to demostrate the ineptness of confessional and ahistorical methods to the Jewish bible.
Introduces a fashion of analyzing and studying biblical literature
- The Names of God: Poetic Readings in Biblical Beginnings
- Ezekiel's Hierarchical World: Wrestling with a Tiered Reality (Symposium Series) (Symposium Series)
- A grammar of the Hebrew language
- Multiple Originals: New Approaches to Hebrew Bible Textual Criticism
Additional info for The Bhagavadgita - The Song Divine - with Sanskrit Text and English translation
Z Chapter IV üÊË÷ªflÊŸÈflÊø ß◊¢ ÁﬂﬂSﬂÃ ÿÙª¢ ¬˝ÙQ§ﬂÊŸ„U◊√ÿÿ◊˜– ÁﬂﬂSﬂÊã◊Ÿﬂ ¬˝Ê„U ◊ŸÈÁ⁄UˇﬂÊ∑§ﬂ˘’˝ﬂËÃ˜H 1H ›r∂ Bhagavån said: I revealed this immortal Yoga to Vivasvån (Sun-god); Vivasvån conveyed it to Manu (his son); and Manu imparted it to (his son) Ik¶våku. (1) ∞ﬂ¢ ¬⁄Uê¬⁄UÊ¬˝ÊåÃÁ◊◊¢ ⁄UÊ¡·¸ÿÙ ‚ ∑§Ê‹Ÿ„U ◊„UÃÊ ÿÙªÙ Ÿc≈U— ÁﬂŒÈ—– ¬⁄ãÃ¬H 2H Thus transmitted in succession from father to son, Arjuna, this Yoga remained known to the Råjar¶is (royal sages). Through long lapse of time, this Yoga got lost to the world.
It is shunned by noble souls; neither will it bring heaven, nor fame to you. (2) Ä‹Òéÿ¢ ◊Ê S◊ ª◊— ¬ÊÕ¸ ŸÒÃûﬂƒÿÈ¬¬lÃ– ˇÊÈº˝¢ NUŒÿŒı’¸Àÿ¢ àÿÄàﬂÙÁûÊc∆U ¬⁄ãÃ¬H 3H Yield not to unmanliness, Arjuna; this does not become you. (3) •¡È¸Ÿ ©UflÊø ∑§Õ¢ ÷Ëc◊◊„¢U ‚æ˜U Åÿ º˝ÙáÊ¢ ø ◊œÈ‚ÍŒŸ– ß·ÈÁ÷— ¬˝ÁÃÿÙàSÿÊÁ◊ ¬Í¡Ê„UÊ¸ﬂÁ⁄U‚ÍŒŸH 4H Text 5ó7] Bhagavadg∂tå 33 Arjuna said : How Kæ¶ƒa, shall I fight Bh∂¶ma and Droƒa with arrows on the battlefield? They are worthy of deepest reverence, O destroyer of foes. (4) ªÈM§Ÿ„UàﬂÊ Á„U ◊„UÊŸÈ÷ÊﬂÊŸ˜ üÊÿÙ ÷ÙQÈ¢§ ÷Òˇÿ◊¬Ë„U ‹Ù∑§– „UàﬂÊÕ¸∑§Ê◊Ê¢SÃÈ ªÈM§ÁŸ„ÒUﬂ ÷ÈÜ¡Ëÿ ÷ÙªÊŸ˜Ô L§Áœ⁄U¬˝ÁŒÇœÊŸ˜H 5H It is better to live on alms in this world by not slaying these noble elders, because even after killing them we shall after all enjoy only bloodstained pleasures in the form of wealth and sense-enjoyments.
50) ∑§◊¸¡¢ ’ÈÁhÿÈQ§Ê Á„U »§‹¢ àÿÄàﬂÊ ◊ŸËÁ·áÊ—– ¡ã◊’ãœÁﬂÁŸ◊È¸Q§Ê— ¬Œ¢ ªë¿UãàÿŸÊ◊ÿ◊˜H 51H For, wise men possessing equipoised mind, renouncing the fruit of actions and freed from the shackles of birth, attain the blissful supreme state. (51) ÿŒÊ Ã ◊Ù„U∑§Á‹‹¢ ’ÈÁh√ÿ¸ÁÃÃÁ⁄UcÿÁÃ– ÃŒÊ ªãÃÊÁ‚ ÁŸﬂ¸Œ¢ üÊÙÃ√ÿSÿ üÊÈÃSÿ øH 52H When your mind will have fully crossed the mire of delusion, you will then grow indifferent 44 Bhagavadg∂tå [Ch. 2 to the enjoyments of this world and the next that have been heard of as well as to those that are yet to be heard of.