By Wallace B. McClure, Rory Blyth, Craig Dunn, Chris Hardy, Martin Bowling
What .NET C# builders have to input the recent box of iPhone apps
iPhone functions provide a sizzling chance for builders. until eventually the open resource MonoTouch venture, this box was once constrained to these conversant in Apple’s programming languages. Now .NET and C# builders can subscribe to the celebration. specialist iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# is the 1st e-book to hide MonoTouch, getting ready builders to use this profitable opportunity.
This booklet is for .NET builders which are drawn to developing local iPhone functions written in .NET/C#. those builders are looking to use their latest wisdom. whereas .NET builders are continually drawn to studying, in addition they realize that studying Objective-C and the specifics of the iPhone will be overwhelming. these builders attracted to MonoTouch will realize that the price of MonoTouch is well made up by way of the facility to quick goal the iPhone utilizing a language that they're already customary with.
This publication is designed for .NET builders that are looking to goal the iPhone. it truly is designed that will help you wake up to hurry with the iPhone, to not particularly educate you in regards to the .NET Framework or C# language, which we suppose you already know.
This booklet is designed with introductory fabric in Chapters 1 via four. you'll want to learn Chapters 1 through four sequentially. those chapters introduce the MonoTouch product, the fundamentals of constructing with MonoTouch and MonoDevelop, and at last, the fundamentals of proposing info to a consumer with monitor and knowledge controls and the way to boost a consumer interface for the iPhone. when you are happy with those ideas, you could ordinarily circulation from one bankruptcy to a different and never unavoidably need to learn the chapters sequentially.
- Chapter 1 "Introduction to iPhone improvement with MonoTouch for C# builders" This bankruptcy appears to be like at how the most important section of builders can aim the phone with the top mindshare, and that the telephone is becoming quicker in marketshare than the other device.
- Chapter 2 "Introduction to MonoTouch" provides a company starting place in MonoTouch, MonoDevelop, Interface Builder, debugging, and deploying.
- Chapter three "Planning Your App's UI: Exploring the display Controls" teaches you approximately developing your application's UI and particularly how the UI at the iPhone can range from UIs that you just may have created ahead of. you furthermore mght discover the enter & price gadgets from the Interface Builder gadgets Library.
- Chapter 4 "Data Controls" indicates the Interface Builder items Library Cocoa contact periods for Controllers, info perspectives, and home windows, perspectives, & Bars.
- Chapter five "Working with info at the iPhone" appears on the SQLite database engine in addition to innovations to shop facts off the gadget on a critical server via cleaning soap and leisure (using XML and JSON) with out tying up the person interface.
- Chapter 6 "Displaying info utilizing Tables" appears at showing info in a desk, utilizing tables for navigation, making the most of UITableView's integrated enhancing good points, and including a seek bar to a table.
- Chapter 7 "Mapping" covers CoreLocation and MapKit, utilizing place providers, and including maps and geocoding on your application.
- Chapter eight "Application Settings" makes a speciality of software settings, and appears at facets of settings in your MonoTouch app: the Info.plist and your settings package deal. It covers what settings you need to set on your Info.plist and why, after which seems to be at what code it takes to learn and use the settings that you simply shop within the settings package deal. And it additionally takes you thru the development of the settings that you just may have in a social media-type software. facing each one step, you are going to study the Root.plist contained in the estate checklist Editor and spot the settings conversation that would end result from it.
- Chapter nine "Programming with equipment undefined" covers accelerometer machine orientation, and proximity detection aid, networking, and constructing with battery existence in mind.
- Chapter 10 "Programming with Multimedia" discussing integrating pictures and the picture picker, staring at and recording video clips, taking part in and recording audio, and utilizing animation
- Chapter eleven "Talking to different functions" discusses the methods you should use MonoTouch to speak to different purposes at the iPhone, either Apple-built functions and people downloaded from the App shop. It additionally presents useful methods of having access to the iPhone's deal with ebook and the iPod track library.
- Chapter 12 "Localizing for a world viewers" first defines internationalization and localization, then exhibits exhibiting translated textual content and photographs, formatting dates, instances, and numbers, then extracting textual content for translation.
- Chapter thirteen "Programming the iPad " the services of the iPad are, what new APIs and controls were brought that you should use in iPad-specific functions, and the way to construct purposes which could paintings on either iPad and iPhone devices.
- Chapter 14 "Just sufficient Objective-C" offers you a reference and creation to Objective-C to help you collect a capability to appreciate Objective-C that's anything that would are available in very handy.
- Chapter 15 "The App shop: filing and advertising and marketing Your App" discusses all issues App shop. First, it talks concerning the procedure you need to struggle through sooner than you are prepared to publish - this comprises ultimate checking out with Ad-Hoc builds and a presubmission record. subsequent it addresses truly filing to the App shop, after which ultimately what to do along with your app after it truly is within the App shop. This bankruptcy additionally touches on substitute monetization options resembling advertisements or in app purchases.
Read or Download Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# (Wrox Programmer to Programmer) PDF
Best programming: programming languages books
Java is a brand new and interesting object-oriented programming language that's set to rework the realm broad internet. Java permits clients to jot down functions which are accessed throughout various systems and offers a good technique of development small yet robust courses that let an incredible variety of latest purposes - reminiscent of animation, reside updating, two-way interactions and so on.
The Microsoft . internet initiative is the way forward for e-commerce - making it attainable for agencies to construct a safe, trustworthy e-commerce infrastructure. this can be the 1st ebook to stipulate the features of SQL Server 2000, one of many key elements of . internet. SQL Server 2000 introduces strong new facts mining performance designed in particular to trap and method purchaser profiles and to foretell destiny purchasing styles on e-commerce websites.
- Professionelle Softwareentwicklung mit PHP 5 GERMAN
- Designing SQL Server 2000 for Windows 2000 databases for .net enterprise servers
- Windows-Programmierung mit C++ .
- Java 2 Programmer Exam Cram 2 (Exam CX-310-035)
- Masterkurs Client Server-Programmierung mit Java GERMAN
- Apprendre a programmer avec Python
Extra info for Professional iPhone Programming with MonoTouch and .NET/C# (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
Apple has argued in response that jailbreaking an iPhone is a copyright violation. ➤➤ Unknowns: It comes with a series of unknowns. How well can a jailbroken iPhone be upgraded to new versions of the iPhone operating system (OS)? Will jailbreaking an iPhone open it up to security issues? In 2008, Apple introduced the second generation of the iPhone, referred to as the iPhone 3G. With this generation and the new version of the iPhone OS, Apple released a number of enhancements, including the ability to run applications natively on the device.
This is left out due to the tight coupling it has with the Objective-C way of doing things and tools that go with it for working with persistent storage. Sqlite should be used as an alternative. StoreKit Contains APIs to handle in application payments MonoTouch. SystemConfiguration Provides network reachability functionality 16 ❘ Chapter 2 Introduction to MonoTouch Working with MonoDevelop MonoDevelop is an open source Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and throughout the book you will be using this tool to write and develop your sample applications.
You can also use it to verify that the certificates and provisioning information on the associated devices are working properly. ➤➤ Interface Builder: Interface Builder (IB) allows for the graphical creation of a user interface. The MonoDevelop IDE integrates with IB and converts the interface created within IB into a user interface callable by MonoTouch. Summary ❘ 9 ➤➤ Simulator: Allows for emulating the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad. Note that the simulator does not run ARM code. It runs x86 code.