By Melissa Stewart
Use the Medagogy version to reinforce sufferer communique and the potency of your practice
In this particular consultant, Dr. Melissa Stewart explains her patient-centered Medagogy conceptual framework, which tracks the stream of knowledge through the sufferer schooling technique, from info to supply to motion. not just does the Medagogy version support sufferers comprehend their affliction and develop into their very own top healthcare suggest, it's the cornerstone of potent multidisciplinary sufferer education.
Dr. Stewart s sufferer literacy paintings and her realizing own notion (UPP) instrument have been included into the guts for Medicare and Medicaid providers (CMS) ninth scope of labor Care Transitions pilot. the standard Initiative association, which used Dr. Stewart s paintings during this software, used to be stated by means of the CMS with a countrywide award for his or her striking contribution to the sector of healthcare.
• targeted concentrate on Medagogy, the writer s confirmed sufferer literacy version that has diminished sufferers readmissions to hospitals and has utilized a competent, powerful technique to person and interdisciplinary sufferer literacy efforts
• functional sufferer orientation clarifies how sufferers can assert their healthcare targets and data, assisting them think their rightful place within the making plans and administration in their treatment
• In-depth dialogue of pedagogy and andragogy theoretical frameworks that aid human studying options and the way they are often used to coach various sufferers and accommodate their specific academic needs
• tips on how one can comprehend the sufferer s emotional nation and grieving procedure whereas receiving healthcare
• convenient instruments comparable to the sufferer schooling Hierarchy, Informational Seasons, the PITS version and the UPP device that may upload path to person and/or group sufferer schooling efforts.
• Case experiences, quite a few illustrations and figures, bankruptcy summaries, and whole references
Read Online or Download Practical patient literacy: the medagogy model PDF
Similar introduction books
Making plans for a safe monetary destiny hasn't ever been extra challenging-or richer with chance. by means of the dynamic co-authors of the preferred The Newlyweds' advisor to making an investment & own Finance (Career Press, 2001), this publication is a enjoyable, academic software to aid familiarize readers with the funding innovations to be had to them.
The diversity of classes requiring a great uncomplicated realizing of chemical kinetics is broad, starting from chemical engineers and pharmacists to biochemists and supplying the basics in chemistry. a result of large attaining nature of the topic readers usually fight to discover a booklet which gives in-depth, accomplished details with out concentrating on one particular topic too seriously.
What's functionality research and the way does its use gain activities functionality? how will you use functionality research on your game? The necessities of functionality research solutions your questions, supplying an entire consultant to the foundational parts of fit and function research for brand new scholars and newcomers.
Humanity faces the looming problem of feeding extra humans, with much less labour and assets. Early adoption of organic and actual applied sciences has allowed agriculturalists to stick a step prior to this problem. This e-book presents a glimpse of what's attainable and encourages engineers and agriculturalists to discover how radio-frequency and microwave structures may perhaps additional improve the rural undefined.
- All About Market Timing
- A Mathematical Introduction to Control Theory (Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Investing in Mutual Funds (Cliffs Notes)
- Introduction to Computational Optimization Models for Production Planning in a Supply Chain
- An Introduction to Computational Micromechanics (Lecture Notes in Applied and Computational Mechanics) - Corrected Second Printing
Additional info for Practical patient literacy: the medagogy model
Expert Support for Action Health spending in the United States is expected to top the overall national market increase by 3% per year, resulting in a growth from 13% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2009 to 17% in 2010 (Gross Domestic Report: Third quarter 2009, 2009; National Health Expenditure Data, 2010). In 2007, the estimated annual price tag of low health literacy increased to between $106 and $236 billion (Vernon, Trujillo, Rosenbaum, & DeBuono, 2007). These funds are spent because patients do not understand the communications and expectations of their healthcare providers (Roberts, 2004).
Chapter 2: The Patient’s Perspective Section I: Shifting the Focus to the Patient education (Miller, Hill, Ottke, & Ockene, 1997). , 2001). A lack of fiscal remuneration for patient education could be seen as an unspoken statement about the worth of patient education, implying that it is not a valuable duty in the hierarchy of healthcare. THE NEED TO ACT People are living longer, they are living sicker, and they are living sicker longer (Cromie, 2006; DeGregori, 2003). Research shows that more than 100 million residents of the United States (30% to 40% of the population) have one or more chronic diseases, and of that group, more than half are not receiving the appropriate care (Glasgow, Funnell, Bonomi, Beckham, & Wagner, 2002).
The Joint Commission requires accredited health institutions to identify and address each patient’s health-knowledge needs and encourages healthcare providers to partner with patients through information exchange and active patient participation in planning and execution of healthcare. 86] at [07/18/16]. Copyright © McGraw-Hill Global Education Holdings, LLC. Not to be redistributed or modified in any way without permission. ” 1973 ANA Standards of Nursing Practice 1976 ANA The Professional Nurse and Health Education 1976 The Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organization adds Patient education to standards 1990 Patient self-determination Act was passed 1991 Patient self-determination Act in acted 1998 Patient’s Bill of Rights-Federal law 2002 CMS & joint commission “Speak Up” national campaign 2007 Joint commission-what did my doctor say?