By Alan K. Lathrop

Show description

Read or Download Churches of Minnesota: An Illustrated Guide PDF

Similar nonfiction_3 books

The Orange Fairy Book

Andrew Lang's Fairy Books are a chain of twenty-five collections of actual and fictional tales for kids, released among 1889 and 1913. the simplest recognized books of the sequence are the twelve collections of fairy stories, referred to as Andrew Lang's "Coloured" Fairy Books or Andrew Lang's Fairy Books of many colours.

The Bukidnon of Mindanao (Fieldiana, Anthropology, v.46)

Quantity: Fieldiana, Anthropology, v. forty six writer: [Chicago] Chicago usual heritage Museum Press ebook date: 1956 matters: Bukidnon (Philippine humans) Notes: this is often an OCR reprint. there's various typos or lacking textual content. There aren't any illustrations or indexes. in case you purchase the final Books variation of this ebook you get unfastened trial entry to Million-Books.

Alkali Activated Cenents & Concrete

The 1st English-language ebook which studies and summarizes world wide study advances in alkali-activated cements and urban. crucial themes contain: uncooked fabrics and their houses for the construction of the 2 new forms of binder the hydration and microstructure improvement of alkali-activated slag cements the mechanical homes and sturdiness of alkali-activated slag cement and urban different a variety of cementing structures and their functions comparable criteria and requirements.

Additional resources for Churches of Minnesota: An Illustrated Guide

Example text

He evidently recommended to the home office that a Unitarian Society should be established, for on April 10, 1887, a meeting was held to organize a liberal religious society in Duluth. The following month, incorporation papers were prepared, signed by eighteen people, and in the fall, a minister named West was called from the Unitarian Society in Geneva, Illinois. He served in Duluth for about nine months. After Mr. West's departure, the group had no minister for almost two years until the arrival of T.

Donohue of St. Paul, who specialized in work for the Catholic Church, and was erected by Melrose builder E. C. Richmond. It is 115 feet long, 50 feet wide, and the corner bell tower is 31/2 stories tall. It is faced with red brick from Twin Cities brickyards, trimmed in Kasota limestone on a St. Cloud granite foundation. The style is Romanesque Revival, best seen in the arched twin doorways and massiveness of the tower. The interior is largely intact, with exposed wooden beams and an ornate Gothic oak altar.

Both were former members of St. Mark's Church in Brooklyn, New York. Longworth came to Minnesota in 1859 an

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.67 of 5 – based on 45 votes